This opportunity is offered to 2020-21 Lorain County
Gifted Consortium district members only.
The Lorain County Gifted Consortium has a multitude of resources available for teachers of gifted and Gifted Intervention Specialists, including classroom book sets for student reading.
Classroom book sets
Classroom book sets are available for loan for individual, small group, or large group reading, including:
- Animal Farm, one of Time magazine's 100 best English-language novels (1923 to 2005), by George Orwell (5 copies)
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library, 2013 and 2014 New York Times bestseller, by Chris Grabenstein (100 copies)
- The Giver, 1994 Newbery Medal winner, by Lois Lowry (53 copies)
- The Island of Dr. Libris, 2015 New York Times bestseller, by Chris Grabenstein (50 copies)
- The Light in the Forest by Pulitzer Prize winner Conrad Richter (52 copies)
- Nothing But the Truth, 1992 Newbery Honor book, by Avi (36 copies)
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, 1977 Newbery Medal winner, by Mildred Taylor (35 copies)
- The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, 1991 Newbery Honor book, by Avi (52 copies)