Participants will learn to:
• Understand the neuroscience of stress, the symptoms and how it affects learning and behavior.
• Integrate 67 simple, classroom-friendly yoga and mindfulness techniques into your class day to support self- awareness, self-regulation, social and emotional learning and resilience.
• Facilitate learning readiness which can improve student achievement
• Improve classroom management while supporting students' individual needs, cultivating a positive, peaceful, productive classroom climate
• Become a more effective educator as you lead and practice these tools with your students.
Absolutely no yoga experience is required. In fact, participants are encouraged to wear regular, comfortable clothing and flat-soled shoes to the workshop as we'll be simulating a classroom experience.
Participants are required to bring their own card deck as seen pictured below.
Purchase your Card deck from Y4C or amazon.
Presenter: Moira Erwine
FREE event - registration required
Lunch is on your own