WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING WALK-INS
Services are provided at our center | 1885 Lake Ave., Elyria (directions)
Monday-Friday | 8:00am - 3:30pm
or call 440-324-5777 and choose option 1
Our fingerprinting is done electronically and transmitted directly to the BCI (Ohio check) and the FBI (Federal check).
The results can be automatically transmitted to the Ohio Department of Education, when applicable. On occasion, an electronic image cannot be successfully captured. If this happens, we are trained to use the inking method and mail the card to the bureau.
Items needed at the appointment:
- Background Information Form (available at your district’s Board of Education, at our center, or click on the form link and print).
- Valid Photo ID: Driver’s License, Passport, State ID Card or school photo ID
- Cash, check or money order made payable to ESCLC
BCI only (Ohio) - $32.00
FBI only (Federal) - 34.00
BCI & FBI - $60.00
IF UNDER 18, A PARENT/GUARDIAN NEEDS TO BE PRESENT AND SIGN A WAIVER.
On-site Fingerprinting at Your Location:
The Superintendent’s Office must call Pam Gamble at 440-324-5777, ext. 1113 to schedule an on-site session. In order to provide this service, our ESC fingerprinting personnel must work very closely with your district.
There are a few critical elements that will need to be arranged for this event to be successful:
School district cost:
- $125 per 4 hour session
- $25 for each additional hour
The ESCLC will invoice the school district after the session has occurred.
- $65.00 for both Ohio and FBI Background Checks.
- $37.50 for FBI Only
Participants will be responsible for this fee unless otherwise indicated by the school district.
- We will need your assistance in connecting our laptop computer to your school district’s network.
- We will need internet access. Therefore, it will be imperative to have your district IT person meet our fingerprinting personnel upon arrival.
- We will need a table or desk that is located near an electrical outlet to set up our equipment.
- We will also need a district contact person to schedule the appointments for your staff. The actual fingerprinting process goes very quickly (approx. 5 to 10 minutes per person), This, however, requires a little foresight and preparation.
- Each person will need the following completed and available upon arriving for their fingerprinting appointment:
- Completed Release Form (forms will be provided to the school district prior to your session).
- Driver’s License or State ID Card
- Check or Money Order made payable to ESCLC or cash
440.324.5777 ext. 1113
440.324.5777 ext. 1147